photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

December 8, 2014

The Kitchen: The Most Important Room in your Home

I've never been one who loves to cook. At least not yet and that's just a fact. I think it has something to do with the anxiety I get having to follow a bunch of directions all at once, having to deal with a kitchen that's dirty and feeling like I don't have enough room to spread things out. I'm very much a type-A individual and stress out when things in my home aren't neat and tidy. I do however love to read cookbooks and am fascinated by cooking as a whole and after reading through The Kitchn Cookbook, my perspective and willingness to step outside of my comfort zone has gone up...a lot!
My desire to also be a wife and future mother that serves and provides for my family is something I want to do a wonderful job at. I know I still have time but it's better now then never to step into the kitchen right?! This is where I want to backup for a quick second and talk about The Kitchn Cookbook that I recently read...and no, it's not your typical cookbook. And if you asked me, I would tell you that it's a book that I feel should be purchased by any and everyone.

The Kitchn is a cookbook that offers 150 easier then you think recipes and serves as a guide to organizing your kitchen, and includes helpful storage tips, gives real-life inspiration from actual kitchens, and so much more! I love how Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine describes the cookbook as being "essentially a road map for organizing the busiest room in your house, stocking your pantry, and implementing simple tweaks that will make cooking faster, more delicious, and more fun." 
The Kitchn
The Kitchn
It's so true! The kitchen for the most part always seems to be the busiest room in any house I've ever been in. It's a place where families gather. It's the first and last room I visit each day. And it's an area that has multiple purposes. And the different ways you can decorate and organize are endless! From the pictures which are Pinterest worthy, to the writing style, little lessons on ways to stock your pantry and planning meals, and the elements of a good gathering, this cookbook has it all. It brings to life all the things I worry about and has helped me understand that taking risks, even if it's inside the home, can be so worth it!

Let me know what you think and if you know of any other cookbooks I should add to my Christmas list ;-) Hope y'all have a great rest of your day!

Photo 1, 2, 3, 4

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. However, all opinions are my own.

2 comments :

  1. I read your first paragraph and I was like, "Oh my gosh, me too!". I'll refrain from cooking just so I don't make a mess. Isn't that silly? Aren't we supposed to live in our homes? I'm seriously so happy for you and wayyy late on a congratulations on your engagement! You are going to love wifeyhood :) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great cookbook! I love when they incorporate lifestyle and cooking! I got Relish by Daphne Oz as a wedding gift and I'm loving it!
    This Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...